Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Semi Homemade Greek Salad

So I was shopping at our new local super market called Sprouts yesterday, and came across a new item. I purchased a pre-made tabouli salad. This is a salad combining the flavors of parsley, bulgar, mint, tomato, onion and other herbs combined with lemon juice and olive oil.

While at lunch today I decided to combine some other elements to make a healthy, flavorful salad. I heated up a veggie patty (by Quorn) for added protein. Add chicken or tofu or any preferred protein source for added benefit.

Here is what I came up with today!

Ingredients:
-1 cup spring mix
- 1/2 cup tabouli salad
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons of hummus (I had vegetable all natural hummus)

Instructions: Toss all ingredients together and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment