Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Greek Marinade

Last night's dinner inspiration came from a yogurt cilantro sauce I purchased at Trader Joes this last weekend. I bought some fresh Naan bread and cucumbers. I really wanted to make a healthy Greek meal for Gary. I also bought some organic chicken breasts. How could I flavor the chicken to match the Greek inspiration and flavors from the sauce. Here is a simple herb combination I found online. We combined the following herbs and applied to the chicken breasts with some olive oil. The chicken breasts were baked in foil on the grill outside for approx. 20 minutes or so. Enjoy!

Greek Marinade
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic

No comments:

Post a Comment