Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Oven Baked Kale


In effort to try something new, and also adding a healthy new vegetable to my diet, I purchased kale. Kale at first glance did look a big rough in the look, but when I read the benefits and asked around for suggestions on preparation, I can proudly say I think it is delicious. I had no idea what it looked like until recently (lol).

According to Wikipedia, kale is considered to be a highly nutritious vegetable with powerful antioxidant properties; kale is considered to be anti-inflammatory and is is very high in vitamin c, beta carotene, vitamin k, calcium, and so much more.

Here is an easy, healthy addition to your dinner tonight! My husband and I ate the entire portion.

Serving Size: 2-4
Ingredients:

-kale (one bunch)-rinsed and stems cut
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Garlic Salt (optional-to replace sea salt) or any favorite seasoning

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. In a bowl drizzle olive oil and sea salt over the kale. Mix well. Do not put too much olive oil or it will be mushy!
3. Place kale on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Cook for 15 minutes than turn over and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
5. Serve and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment